Thursday 12 August 2010

Martin Creed.

When I lived in London I worked for a few art galleries among which was Hauser & Wirth. Hauser & Wirth represent Martin Creed and I often bumped into him in the gallery or at private views. There is an exhibition in Edinburgh called 'Down Over Up' until the end of October (a major retrospective of his work) and it would be great to go and see it.

Creed is an artist close to my heart as he was very much featured in my dissertation which was on notions and concepts of 'nothingness' in contemporary art. I have long admired his work. It is so easy to dismiss Creed as a joker and the media are constantly doing just that. Creed is far from the art court jester and he is creating some highly intelligent artistic experiments that explore everything from painting and drawing alongside installation and music.

Tate interviewed him on the new exhibition for their series 'TateShots'...




No comments: