Tuesday 18 May 2010

Walk Like A Venetian.

A couple of days ago I booked a holiday to Venice (in September) for myself and Grundy and to say I'm excited is putting it mildly. Venice is a city which I have always wished to visit and it may sound a bit fantastical but I can't quite believe I am doing just that.

For someone who can't swim (I know, and I grew up in Newquay, shameful) it might seem like an odd choice but when you are confronted with the rich luscious imagery of films such as Death In Venice you can easily see the reason why. I am currently watching the BBC series 'Venice' on DVD to get me in the mood; the series is presented by famed Venetian Francesco Da Mosto whom I met a couple of years ago, his passion for his home city is endearing and he presents the city to you in a way that proves hard to resist. We are staying in the heart of the city near Piazza San Marco and I we plan to partake of all the required and cliched tourist activities.

In other news I had an MRI scan today, a strange experience and not one I can tell you much about as I fell asleep whilst listening to Heart FM (you didn't get a choice.) Entering the claustrophobic clinically white tunnel listening to Wham! is of course a high light.

No comments: