Thursday 21 January 2010

Southfork Ranch.

A few months ago I started watching my DVD's of Dallas. I have to report that I have managed to get a tad behind so I think I might have to start from the beginning to refresh my mind. Who shot J.R? Well, sadly I already know, it is after-all common knowledge but the famed shot is not fired until series three so I have many hours of Texan-oil-based-televisual-drama yet.

I usually hate anything that is remotely cow-boyish and my skin crawls at the mere sight of a stetson but somehow I have warmed to Dallas and its characters and take it from me J.R Ewing is a right bastard, Lucy Ewing is a little tart and I really can't stand Ray Krebbs (please don't get me started.) All this reminds me that I must get my signed photo of Larry Hagman framed as it's an absolute travesty that it is still hiding in a cupboard. If you are like me and currently have little to do with your time and don't mind bad 70's haircuts, a high ratio of lurid polyester garments and a lot of crude talk (oil that is) then give Dallas a bash.

As this post has been very short and mostly pointless I feel I must leave you with a quote at least; ladies and gentlemen,
Mr J.R. Ewing:

"A marriage is like a salad: the man has to know how to keep his tomatoes on the top." *


* (whatever the hell that means.)

No comments: